LEAD BUSINESS ANALYST
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80 Hourly
Business Analyst - SME
The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange (MHBE)
Baltimore, MD 21202
Up to $80/hr
The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange (MHBE), an independent unit of state government, provides accessible, affordable health coverage to Marylanders. MHBE is responsible for the administration of Maryland Health Connection (MHC), the state’s health insurance marketplace. Through MHC, Maryland residents explore health insurance plans, compare rates, and determine their eligibility for advanced premium tax credits (APTC), cost sharing reductions (CSR) and public assistance programs such as Medicaid and the Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (MCHP).
MHBE seeks up to two (2) Subject Matter Expert resources to provide services as Business Analysts to support the MHBE in a variety of tasks such as requirements elicitation, business analysis, converting business and operational needs into technical requirements, managing deliverables, collaborating with stakeholders, and creating/maintaining technical and functional documents for Maryland Health Benefit Exchange systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing the framework, approaches, and processes using well-designed requirements or user stories, supporting screenshots and documentation.
- Formulate and define project scope and objectives using knowledge of information technology and industry knowledge or requirements.
- Develop acceptance criteria that can be easily adapted to modern commercial rules engines and structured in a manner that is scalable and sustainable.
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and the Information Technology team, using strong communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate business processes, systems, and solution requirements.
- Direct or participate in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, resolution of problems including organizational, procedural, technical, and fiscal research and analysis.
- Develop policies and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or to improve internal and external customer service.
- Develop information system documentation to support MHBE IT operations.
- Document requirements and specifications using high-maturity methods, processes, and tools.
- Support requirements management, work management and change management processes.
- Work closely with MHBE internal and external stakeholders to develop business and functional requirements for HBX and other system modifications and enhancements.
- Review and provide written comments for deliverables designed by contractors and ensure the deliverables address all business and functional requirements as expected.
- Note: The candidate must have the flexibility to work overtime, as needed, to include weekends, holidays, and off-hours
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the IT field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience as an IT business analyst or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in conducting JAD sessions with business owners and stakeholders to gather requirements.
- A minimum of two (2) years of hands-on experience in creating, modifying, and maintaining requirements and design documents for large healthcare IT systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development lifecycle (SDLC) techniques and methodologies.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with preparing presentations, reports, tables, graphs, and observations for presentation to technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers, and non-technical staff.
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- At least five (5) years of experience providing business analyst services for complex and dynamic, multi-agency technology projects in the healthcare industry.
- At least five (5) years of hands-on experience in serving as a liaison between business and IT in gathering business requirements needed for complex system modifications, enhancements, and implementations.
- Extensive PC skills including Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint, and Google Workspace.
- Expertise in business process modeling, analysis, tooling, documentation, communication, and improvement efforts.
- Working knowledge of organizational change management including principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Familiarity with various traditional and innovative project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile software development practices.
- Ability to create and maintain project schedules, project plans and specifications, estimate time and resources, monitor milestone completion, track various phases of the project lifecycle, provide timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, and coordinate action items.
- Experience with the State Based Marketplace solutions, Healthcare IT or Health and Human Services domains.
- Experience with managing multiple project priorities under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with the Project Management Office (PMO) processes, policies, and procedures
Creative Information Technology, Inc
AddressFalls Church, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Creative Information Technology, Inc