Creative Human Resources Concepts, LLC (CHRC) is currently recruiting for temporary assignments for a client located in the Mesa, AZ.
Water Treatment/Reclamation Plant Operator Maintenance Interns (9)
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a training position in the operation and maintenance area of either the Water Treatment or Water Reclamation plants. It is designed to provide training in the areas of operations and maintenance of potable water, water reclamation, and advanced water treatment plants and associated facilities during the 1 year internship term.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
· Maintaining and operating plant equipment and processes related to water, wastewater, and advanced water treatment system
· Operating valves, gates, and pumps
· Adjusting flow rates and chemical feed rate
· Collecting samples and submitting for laboratory testing; monitoring control panels, gauges, and meters; maintaining written data on test results, gauges, and meter readings
· Checking chemical tank levels; mixing chemical solutions; operating laboratory equipment to perform chemical analysis; preparing written logs
· Relaying operational information to coworkers.
· Shall use appropriate safety equipment and follow safety procedures in performing assignments
· Operators have the potential to be exposed to job related hazards such as toxic chemicals, chlorine gas, raw sewage, sludge, and adverse weather conditions
· Other duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
· Shall possess any combination of training, education, or experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED, supplemented by at least 20 semester units (30 quarter units) of college-level coursework in Water Technology, Environmental or Chemical Engineering, or any related curriculum.
· Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License with good driving record
· Must meet the physical standards and requirements for the wearing of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) respiratory protection equipment, and must meet the qualifications to wear a tight fitting respirator by passing a medical evaluation in accordance with CFR 1910134.
· Ability to lift objects weighing at least 40 lbs.
Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, fingerprinting, past employment verification and 3 academic and/or professional reference checks. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States.
HOURS: Mon-Fri: 6:00 am to 11:00 am and/or 11:00am to 3:30 pm (20 to 40 hours per week)
PAY RATE: $13.82/hr.
BENEFITS: Basic health, dental, vision, short term disability, term life and paid holidays & sick time
TERM: Temporary assignment for up to 1 year
Qualified applicants can email their resume.