VP of Finance
We have partnered with a privately held Senior Housing/Property Management organization in the Minneapolis, MN area who is looking for their VP of Finance. This VP is the lead Accounting and Finance person in the organization and will report directly into the CEO and President. The VP of Finance will help to manage the business as well as develop and execute the company’s strategic plans.
This role calls for a "hands-on servant leader" who can oversee all elements of finance and accounting while also being a critical part of the overall business decisions. The ideal candidate will have had a successful track record in similar situations.
Primary responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Work with the owners to develop and execute the financial strategy of the company
- Oversee all matters related to accounting and finance
- Develop a cash flow projection process and reporting to ensure adequate capital for operating needs
- Develop analysis and reporting on key performance indicators
- Manage the annual planning process and long-term business planning
- Manage the banking relationship and reporting to the bank
- Ensure internal controls and related processes
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and increase profitability
- Recruit, train, and mentor staff
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills and solid business acumen. In order to be considered, this person must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance, Master's Preferred
- 7+ years in leadership roles with progressively increasing responsibility and recent role(s) as Controller, Finance Director, or CFO in a Senior Housing/Skilled Nursing Facility
- Experience managing all elements of finance including accounting, financial planning and analysis, cash, banking relationships, and more
- Willingness to relocate to Minneapolis within 1 year of hire date
- Servant Leadership
- Collaborative and team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
This position will pay a base salary commensurate with experience and relocation assistance is offered. In addition, the individual will have access to a full suite of benefits available at the company.
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)