Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) Grand Rapids, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CFS has partnered with a growing client in the Greater Grand Rapids area that’s looking to hire a VP Controller. Their mission is to provide superior services, quality advice and show the utmost respect to everyone they meet. Over the past few years our client has merged with two other organizations, now with 33 locations across the state of Michigan from lakeshore to lakeshore. Both merges have leveraged the best technology, most innovative services, and lucrative products from each bank.
- Excellent work life balance
- Phenomenal PTO package
- Competitive salary and bonus
The VP Controller is responsible for the establishment, coordination, and maintenance of an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the bank, and financial consolidation of branches and subsidiaries. This position manages the day-to-day activities and the evolvement of the bank’s general accounting systems, internal management information and external reporting.
VP Controller Responsibilities:
- Review reconciliation for all general ledger accounts (Bank, Holding Company).
- Review reconciliation for all internal demand deposit accounts (Bank).
- Review all bills paid (Bank, Holding Company, Mortgage Company).
- Preparation of various period end journal entries (Bank, Holding Company).
- Preparation of various internal financial reports (Monthly consolidated F/S, Branch F/S, Subsidiary F/S).
- Preparation or review of various external financial reports (Call Report, SEC filings, Shareholder report).
- Preparation of annual budget.
- Assist with external audits (interim, year-end, quarterly reviews, tax returns).
- Assist with bank examinations (FRB, OFIS).
- Supervision/training of Accounting Department staff.
- Preparation and review of month-end adjusting entries.
- Prepare Bank financial statements.
- Prepare branch/department financial statements.
- Report all GL and internal DDA reconciliations.
- Resolve all GL and internal DDA reconciling items over 90 days outstanding.
- File all external financial reports by the applicable deadlines.
- Participate in and assist in preparation for staff meetings.
- Special projects as requested by CEO, CFO, or other managers.
- Be familiar with and comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act as they relate to the functions of this position. Complete all required reports related to those acts and reports any observed violations or potential violations of those acts to a supervisor or other appropriate bank officer.
- Be familiar with and comply with all federal and state banking regulations as applicable.
VP Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in business-related major
- 5 years’ experience in a similar function
- SEC Reporting experience
- Banking background preferred
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row! #CFSTechnology
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)Why Work Here?
Check out this great opportunity!
CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management. CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
Finance and Insurance