ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are actively recruiting for a M&A Tax Manager or Supervising Senior This is not your typical CPA firm experience. We have developed innovative programs, pioneered new technology, and empower our employees to pursue their interests and passions. This has created a unique CPA firm culture where work-life balance is embraced - working remotely is very common.
- Current team is comprised of Ex-Big 4 (Partners, Managers & Senior Auditors) who made the transition and have found true happiness in their career.
- Top 20 largest accounting firm on the Los Angeles Business Journal's Book of Lists
- Named “Best Places to Work" by the Los Angeles Business Journal eight times
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Tax Manager or Senior Manager is a key member of the firm’s vibrant and growing M&A tax consulting practices. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Tax Manager or Senior Manager may have input on any tax issues presented.
- Assists and leads M&A tax consulting engagements, including but not limited to, tax due diligence, cross border and domestic tax structuring, cross-border financing, and modeling the tax consequences of various acquisitions and dispositions.
- Performs discrete tax consulting engagements such as section 382 analysis, domestic or foreign earnings and profits calculation, basis calculation, and transaction costs analysis.
- Review and model out complex partnership operating agreements.
- Researches and writes tax memoranda on various tax matters.
- To the extent required, assists and/or supervises with tax compliance to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation of clients’ tax returns.
- Reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Participates in firm's practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting (or Business, with emphasis in Accounting) is required.
- Masters of Science degree in Taxation or a JD/LLM highly preferred.
- CPA or JD is required.
- Four or more years of corporate tax experience (experience within an accounting firm or law firm is required), preferably with several years focused on M&A and partnership tax consulting services.
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in performing research and providing quality written tax technical advice.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including proven experience liaising with clients.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and use good judgment.
Financial Services – Big4 – CPA –JD – Ernst & Young – PwC –Pricewaterhouse Coopers – KPMG – Deloitte - Merger & Acquisitions - M&A - Transaction Advisory