A Public Accounting firm is searching for a Tax Accountant who would be available to transition into a new role pretty quickly!
The position is stable with competitive compensation for this full-time perm position i.e. a strong benefits, retirement and bonus plan. High visibility with the Executive Management team, nice work life balance. We look forward to meeting the companies next Tax Accountant!
Tax Accountant Job Description
Prepare, manage, file, coordinate all tax related items, assist Director of Tax with audits, planning, research and special projects as required.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES For The TAX ACCOUNTANT
- Tax compliance at all levels (preparation and/or review of tax returns and related filings)
- Focus on 1120's and 1065's
- Tax research into various matters
- Daily bookkeeping for about 5-6 clients
- Seek out potential tax recovery or avoidance strategies relating to prior transactions
- Monitor tax legislation and current matters and keep management advised of current issues
- Assist with other projects as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED For The TAX ACCOUNTANT
Strong tax expertise; seeking a self starter, but someone who is okay to ask for help when it is needed!
OTHER SKILLS NEEDED For The TAX ACCOUNTANT
- Action and results oriented - Sets goals and achieves
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to details
- Must be able to coordinate projects to ensure completion in a timely manner
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS For The TAX ACCOUNTANT
- College degree (BA/BS)
- CPA or interested in sitting (client will absorb all associated costs) is a PLUS