About The Company:
Interested in finding a position that will let you have every other Friday off? Our aerospace,defense & manufacturing client is currently searching for an Accountant to add to their accounting team. The Accountant will report directly to the Controller. The Accountant will prepare and maintain accounting records which may include general accounting, costing or budget data. Examine, interpret and reconcile accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements. May assist in analysis and interpretation of accounting records for use by management. May act as lead to lower level accounting employees.
Additional Company Perks:
-Central San Antonio location
-Business casual dress code
-Full benefits package (Healthcare, 401K, Vacation plus more!)
-Laid back working environment
The activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Run inventory and backlog reports to review for month end close
- Prepare JE’s for month end close including accruals and discretionary spending.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, including posting of associated journal entries for reconciling items as needed.
- Monthly review of expenses for misclassification of items.
- Posting of Wells Fargo charges to GL and Project Module
- Sales and Use Tax preparation
- Annual preparation of 1099s
- Special projects or ad hoc reports as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3-5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Government contracting and CAS
- Proficient Excel skills required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment