Staff Accountant - Non Profit
Why take a Staff Accountant role with this company?
- Dynamic non-profit organization
- Great leadership
- Opportunity to grow within the organization
- Stable organization and full benefits, vacation and retirement
What The Staff Accountant Will Do…
- Grant management: state and federal
- Prepare or review accruals and adjusting entries for month-end closing; reconciles and corrects financial discrepancies and ensures prompt and accurate month-end closing.
- Prepare and maintain reconciliations for fixed asset accounts, prepaid business insurance, deferred income and bank accounts in accordance with internal controls and procedures
- Prepare or approve cost allocation schedules to distribute shared costs.
- Balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in maintaining General Ledger.
- Review and process requested adjustments to contract expenses, ensuring proper approval.
- Assists in year-end and government entity audits.
- Responsible for financial reporting, preparation of supporting schedules and data analysis.
What The Company Needs In a Staff Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field preferred
- A working knowledge of implementation and maintenance of general accounting, payroll and related accounting and record-keeping systems.
- Understanding and expertise in consolidation and reporting of Agency financial results.
- Accurate math skills including statistical analyses and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Great Plains experience preferred.
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables & vlookups) required.
- Advanced personal computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, accounting and payroll software.
- The analytical skills, experience and good judgment to make decisions within policies and procedures.