About the Company and Opportunity:
• Our client is a stable technology company. 20-year family owned company headquartered in the NW Suburbs. They recently renovated their office space to a state-of-the-art facility
• Due to growth this is a newly created position and will report to the Controller.
• The company has a high sense of community and values teamwork
• They offer excellent benefits, including 401K match, company-paid healthcare up to 90%, company pays 100% of dental, career advancement, and work/life balance
• Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
o “Good teammates and culture of helping”
o “Excellent leadership”
o “The Benefits are pretty good”
Overview of the Staff Accountant role:
• Assist Controller in preparation of monthly financial statements with understanding of full cycle accounting practices, including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Assist Calculating commissions on a quarterly basis
• Perform month-end closing entries
• Assist Controller with various projects as needed, which may include the review and implementation of accounting processes and procedures.
• Bank, Petty Cash and Credit Card monthly reconciliation and reporting to Controller Providing standard fiscal analysis
• AR - invoicing, bank deposits & collection
• AP - paying vendors in timely manner, matching invoices to packing lists receiving
• End of Month reports
• Daily Office functions, assist office manager with phones, document scanning as needed
• Proficient with QuickBooks, Excel, Word
• Willing to perform a variety of projects as needed
Preferred Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
• 3-5 years work experience. CPA is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• QuickBooks Enterprise experience is a must
• Intermediate experience with Excel is a must (Pivot Table, formatting, sub-totals, and V-look up)
• Experience with inventory and MRP a plus
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
Why Work Here?CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management. CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Check out this great opportunity!