Senior Tax Accountant
CFS is working with our client to fill Senior Tax Accountant position, offices in Broward and Miami. This company has over 400 employees, 100+ operating companies in portfolio, and works in a variety of industries to include insurance, litigation finance, consumer lending, software, aviation, and structured settlements.
Highlights of the Senior Tax Accountant Opportunity:
- Fast-growing company, grew to 2.2 Billion in Assets over 3-year period (expected to be at over 3 billion by end of 2019)
- 130% revenue growth year over year for the last 3 years
- Breakfast and lunch provided every day for each employee
- State of the art office in beautiful hi-tech modern building with amenities to include free parking and gym access
- Promote from within culture – many people have been promoted within 2-3 years with the firm
- Entrepreneurial Environment with high-pedigree team
- Continuous opportunity for professional growth as this is a complex environment where you will be exposed to many different business lines
- Excellent benefits package to include very affordable medical, dental, vision, 401k w/competitive match, 15 PTO, 6 sick days, paid holidays, life-insurance, short-term and long-term disability
The Senior Tax Accountant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the preparation and review of Federal, State & Local tax returns. Gathers information to be used by 3rd party tax preparation firm, including all financial information and state apportionment.
- Prepares S&U tax returns for assigned portfolio entities.
- Prepares annual personal property tax returns.
- Assist in reviewing VAT returns.
- Prepares / calculates quarterly tax reporting estimates for portfolio entities including estimated K-1s.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Develops or streamlines procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Assists in M&A activities including review of potential acquisitions (both domestic & international), structure and identifying areas of tax issues and savings.
- Keeps abreast of tax law changes by utilizing educational opportunities, publications; and participating in professional organizations
Qualifications of the Senior Tax Accountant:
- 4+ years of federal & state tax return preparation experience
- Bachelor’s in accounting, Masters or CPA/CPA track highly preferred
- Highly technically, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, organized, attention to detail, team-oriented
- Financial Service industry experience is a PLUS, (i.e.: Private Equity, Insurance, Consumer lending, Commercial loans, Litigation finance, Structured settlements, Leases)
- SAP is a huge plus or experience with similar size system