Our client provides legal services. The firm’s major practice areas include business and finance; environmental and land use; government finance; health care; labor, employment law and employee benefits; litigation; property valuation; real estate; regulatory, energy and telecommunications; and trusts and estates, as well as various targeted practice sections that provide depth of experience and also the flexibility to regroup for customized, solution-oriented service. They represent clients including major financial institutions, health care providers, service businesses, trade and art associations, manufacturers and emerging growth businesses in the biotech and information technology industries, as well as nonprofit organizations and individuals. Founded in 1919, the firm has offices in Bridgeport, Hartford, Stamford and Waterbury, Connecticut and White Plains, New York
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the monthly/quarterly/annual closing process.
- Process and review monthly journal entries.
- Assist in preparing the internal monthly financial package.
- Analyze and report monthly expense variances.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with external Corporate reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist with internal and external audit process.
- Assist in various process improvement projects.
- Complete training requirements as directed.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail Oriented, self-starter, and strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, and technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting principles.
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs/software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required.
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably in the professional services industry.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to utilize various software programs to maintain accurate records and generate reports.