Our client is hiring a Senior Internal Auditor. The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for working on a variety of audits including financial, operations and IT. The Senior Internal Auditor will also be responsible for assisting external auditors with SOX testing. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a company that values work-life balance, career growth, and has a positive culture.
Requirements for the Senior Internal Auditor positions includes: 2 or more years of internal audit, strong communications skills, bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or finance.
Preferred: CPA, CISA or CIA, large regional or big 4 public accounting experience, exposure to SOX, experience leading an engagement.
Performing complex financial/operational audits to ensure that activities performed by organizational units are planned and executed with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, sound principles of internal control, and in a manner consistent with both company and high standards of administrative practice.
· Audits the accounting, operational and statistical data of various departments, divisions, and locations in order to verify accuracy.
· Audits the activities of various departments for compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management.
· Determines proper accountability of assets through physical count, inventory and confirmation.
· Prepares and submits reports on the results of audits, recommending improvements in policies and procedures.
· Audits accounting records of contractors regarding agreements where the company is a party of interest.
· Cooperates with outside auditors in any undertaking that may expedite their work.
· BS/BA in accounting or finance; 4 + years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.This is not only an opportunity to jump start your career, but to also learn how a company works and play a pivotal role in its succes