Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) Chester, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team and fill this brand-new position. We need a self-motivated professional with attention to detail, high integrity, known for quickly grasping new tasks, and is a strong problem solver. Primary responsibilities include posting journal entries, monthly financial close process, preparing account reconciliations and account analyzes, writing financial statements, and assisting in the annual budgeting process. This position reports to the Director of Finance and requires frequent interactions with various departments such as: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Manufacturing Operations, and other functional teams.
- Lead the month-end close process and post all necessary journal entries
- Assist in preparing stand-alone & consolidated financial statements
- Maintain account reconciliations & analyzes for all balance sheet accounts
- Maintain the General Ledger and review for proper posting of all transactions
- Assist with the year-end external auditors
- Support the development of annual budget, mid-year reforecast and department level budgets
- Cross-trained to step in when help is needed with AR and AP processes
- Strong interest in continuously improving the accounting and reporting process to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Assist with the review of the monthly intercompany reconciliations
- Provide management team with financial reports/analysis to achieve goals
- Participates on productivity teams that contribute to cost saving objectives
Competencies – Knowledge, skills and characteristics/behaviors
- Clear and effective communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Desire for professional growth and seeks challenges
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Self-motivator and demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Builds relationships and works well across functions
- Develops and implements innovative and creative solutions to business problems. Encourages and expects others to think progressively and not be limited by existing methods and procedures
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (Master’s or CPA preferred but not required)
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in public/private accounting, preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Prior experience preparing financial statements
- Experience with Cost Accounting preferred but not required
- ERP systems experience desired
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row! #CFSTechnology
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)Why Work Here?
Great opportunity to work for a fun and growing company!
CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management. CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row! #CFSTechnology
Finance and Insurance