A large, privately held, manufacturing/distribution organization is currently seeking an Senior Accountant-Tax who will manage a team of dedicated professionals.
Why This Senior Accountant-Tax Opportunity?
- Opportunity: work closely with the leadership team in a department where they have streamlined processes and procedures for easier monthly close!
- Stability: financially stable, have not been through layoffs!
- Position itself: Good work-life balance!
About the Senior Accountant (Tax) Role
· Meet deadlines for US sales and use tax filings (40 states, various frequencies).
· Prepare and process monthly customer rebates, claims, royalties and commissions.
· Support needs of the credit department with researching taxability issues (tax exempt certificates).
· Prepare and record financial transactions via journal entries including accruals and recurring entries
· Reconcile general ledger accounts to support financial statements
· Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Prepare supporting schedules for the annual financial and tax audits
· Maintain fixed asset sub-ledgers using Sage Fixed Asset software for multiple companies.
· Reconcile fixed asset system detail to general ledger. Process all additions, disposals, and transfers.
· Work with the field to maintain an accurate list of fixed assets at each physical location.
· Maintain and provide reporting on all capital expenditure projects.
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Accountant-Tax
· BS Accounting
· Multi-state sales tax experience
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products. Advanced knowledge of Excel required (advanced formulas, pivot tables, filters)