Our client is in the Oil and Gas industry located in the Houston market and is looking to fill a newly created Payroll Specialist role.The Payroll Specialist/Coordinator will join a tenured and very welcoming team of HR/Payroll professionals. The company offers a flex schedule (example: full days M-T, half day on Friday) and competitive salaries.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4-6 years of payroll processing (multi-state is a PLUS) experience, functional knowledge of ADP and E-time, and enjoys being able to wear many hats to help out the other team members when necessary!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PAYROLL COORDINATOR
- Assist with the processing and transmission of payroll data to an offsite payroll provider.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll (full-time and temp) in multiple states
- Work with HR Specialists for payroll processing, HR and Benefits data maintenance, and filing/document management
- Assist with annual audits (pull Worker's Comp, 401(k), et al data)
- Reset ADP passwords for employees
- Assist with special projects when needed
- Job Requirements
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE PAYROLL ROLE:
- Bachelor's degree in related field OR equivalent experience
- Data entry experience (Excel and ADP)