CFS is managing a high priority search to identify a Payroll Specialist with a growing non-profit organization.
About the Company and Opportunity
- One of Connecticut's leading private, non-profit human service and community development agencies
- Provides solutions for people dealing with homelessness, mental illness and substance abuse
- Growing organization with strong leadership
- Very positive work atmosphere
- Centrally located
- Cited as a "Great Place to Work"
- Lots of employee longevity...people like to work there!
Overview of the role
- Biweekly payroll for about 500 employees, primarily in CT
- Enter the payroll journal entries
- Reports directly to the Assistant Controller and part of an 8 person accounting department
- Has two payroll back-ups
- Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Proven experience of doing payroll for a minimum of 500 employees
- Prefer non-profit experience
- Experience with Paylocity a plus