We have been engaged by a nonprofit client in Washington, DC with an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant due to a resignation. This position is located in Northeast DC. Free parking will be provided, but the office is not easily accessible by metro/public transportation.
- Accounting entries (high volume)
- Account reconciliations
- GL accounting
- Ac hoc projects - may be delegated some systems related projects
- 3-5+ years accounting experience
- Ability to pick up accounting software quickly (Great Plains is the system used - previous experience a plus but not required)
- Strong Excel skills - Candidate should know pivot tables, VLOOKUP's
- Nonprofit accounting experience is a plus, but not required
- Quick learner
- Someone who is tech savvy and picks up systems quickly
- Hard worker
Our client is seeking someone who will be able to hit the ground running in assisting in various areas of accounting. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. Please apply today for immediate consideration.