Commodity Buyer – Make a Difference in Your Food
About the Company and Opportunity:
· Our client is a fresh focused food manufacturer headquartered in NW Ohio
· Due to their consistent, high growth pattern, they are hiring a Commodity Buyer to take their business to the next level
· The company is built on homestyle recipes and authentic ingredients
· The company has been in business for over 30 years, has grown to $300m in annual revenue yet keeps their small family owned culture and strong teamwork environment
· “Company still has a family owned atmosphere where everyone knows each other and upper management cares about the employees.”
· “Great company to work for. The upper management team has integrity and cares about all the employees. It has a family atmosphere where everyone is willing to help each other. Could not ask for a better place to work. Great quality products and quality people!”
Overview of the Commodity Buyer
· Analyze the commodity market, stay up to date on crop markets, how they’re growing, work with suppliers on next years crop supply
· Contract negotiations: build strong relationships with suppliers to work deals, discounts on bulk buys, source new suppliers, etc.
· Forecasting the economy: understand the global market, where you’re buying each crop from and the countries weather conditions as it pertains to the crops
Expectations of the Commodity Buyer
· Set a baseline and jump into the role. Understand the markets. Develop strategies and create a plan. Report strategies and numbers, and market analysis reviews to executive team. Regularly analyze the commodity markets and what they’re doing.
Preferred Qualifications of the Commodity Buyer
· 2 years experience purchasing commodities, food purchasing is a huge plus!
· Market analysis experience
· Food purchasing in a grocery environment is also a plus!
· 4 year business related degree
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
Why Work Here?CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management. CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Check out this great opportunity!