Our client, headquartered in New Haven, is an established financial institution looking to add a Junior Staff Accountant on their team due to a recent vacancy in the department.
The client will be assessing personality - this is the #1 driver for all hires! Hands-on experience in accounting is ideal (although the client will evaluate transferable business experience as well.) The ideal candidate will be eager, adaptable, proactive, and tech-savvy. There will be a system implementation to a new ERP system later this year that everyone on the Accounting Team will be a part of!
- Reconciliation of various general ledger accounts and responsible for researching and clearing outstanding items.
- Preparation of various daily and month-end closing entries.
- Preparation of various financial reports as assigned.
- Assist in preparation of Board of Directors reports, various regulatory reports and Call Report Items.
- Daily Fed Funds investing & maintenance of target balances at correspondent banks.
- Prepare various bank statement & general ledger reconciliations.
- Maintain Fixed Asset, Prepaid & Accrual Items accounting modules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accounting Degree required with minimum 1-2 years relevant experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, Excel, accounting software experience.
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies."