Are you an innovative, passionate, action-oriented individual looking to join a growing company in the heart of Stamford, CT? Find your next opportunity with an international company that has been an industry leader in their realm for almost 40 years! Thanks to their many years of experience, passion for innovation, and international teams, they are able to deliver a wider range of product options, modern technologies and a high-level of service to their customers.
They have engaged CFS to identify an eager, adaptable, Junior Accountant to join their team due to continued growth! The ideal candidate will be customer-focused with an ability to create internal and external relationships. Prior experience working in an Accounting/Finance Department, a plus!
- Review and verify invoices and check requests, assign GL expense codes, and ensure proper accounting classification
- Review expense reports for compliance with company policy, process approved reports for payment
- Work with vendors and internal personnel to reconcile discrepancies
- Reconcile price/quantity variances to ensure all invoices and purchase orders are properly accounted
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Prepare back-up for journal entries pertaining to accounts payable
- Assist in year-end 1099 reporting
- Work with Senior Accountant and Assistant Controller on special projects as needed
- Other duties as required from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting/Finance internship experience (or other relevant business experience) would be ideal
- Strong computer skills including a proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal team members and vendors
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies."