CFS is working with a healthcare organization looking for a Controller. This person will be responsible for managing the entire accounting department and running the day to day operations. This is a private equity owned company and there is opportunity for growth as a potential successor for the CFO.
Why this job?
- The company is a leading provider of their healthcare services
- It’s a growing company and industry within the healthcare field
- All of finance is in CT
- Recession proof
- National sized company
- Very good benefit package
- Strong accounting team already in place
- Located near the shore
- Prepare / produce monthly and year-end financial statements and reports and related analysis
- Manages financial audits of the corporation
- Monitor and prepare debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply and administer local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, working with outside accountants to prepare annual K-1 s and 1120s
- Accurately maintains and prepares accounting systems and ledgers of the corporation and its subsidiaries
- Accurately maintains and prepares journal entries
- Manage accounting staff of 5-7
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in managing accounting and reporting processes in corporations or organizations with 500 + employees.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle management in healthcare
- Public accounting experience required.
- Healthcare experience considered a plus but not required Intermediate to expert level skills in automated accounting systems (Great Plains a plus), MS Excel, MS Outlook, and related application tools.
- Demonstrated experience in full general ledger management, month/year end financial statement preparation, audits, and related regulatory reporting.
- Good oral/written communication skills, maintains confidential information.
- Organized, detail oriented, able to meet critical deadlines, problem solving skills, ability to work with minimal direction.
- Supervisory experience required.