We have been exclusively retained by a highly growth healthy food products company to identify a Controller / Head of Finance & Accounting to implement the finance/accounting infrastructure and drive the strategic financial growth of the company.
- The Company: A high growth healthy food products company that provides great tasting but healthy products selling in conventional and natural grocery stores nationwide, and through a direct to consumer ecommerce platform
- The Growth: Fast-growing company expanding both through acquisition and organic growth.
- Opportunity: As the first professional finance hire, the Director of Finance / Controller will be charged with standardizing the financial process, implementing company-wide policies and procedures, partnering with the banks, and building out the accounting/finance infrastructure to support the run rate of the company.
- The Exposure: Will be expected to provide business and operational analysis, strategic insight, and tactical financial support to be an effective business partner and trusted adviser to the President and senior management team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the President, the Director of Finance will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day financial management of the company including: the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial package; management of GL accounts, annual audit and related tax returns; and financial planning.
- Implement financial and operational metrics and analytics to present to Executive Management.
- Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Increase the company’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management.
- Standardize accounting processes and procedures across all dealerships.
- Implement reliable forecasting tools (P&L, cash flow and balance sheet).
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years within a food production/ food manufacturing environment.
- Working with food product (ideally) manufacturing plants
- The ideal candidate must have experience working with large multi-store grocery (big box) retailers such as Kroger, Target, Walmart, Costco etc.
- Reviewing, auditing and matching trade and shopper marketing deductions such as bill backs/chargebacks, scan backs, off invoice credit memos, co-op advertising, slotting fees, shrink allowances Strong banking experience
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
Why Work Here?CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management. CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Check out this opportunity from CFS!