Field Operations Manager
Opportunity to serve in a key leadership role with a smaller/growing privately held technology installation company.
What will you be doing?
This position will represent the organization within an assigned geographic area to provide leadership to a workforce of either field, central office or special service technicians/installation specialists. Duties include building ownership and accountability with a positive and friendly approach to meeting installation project goals and repair commitment dates with an extreme focus on customer service. This position also plays a key support role with sales, marketing and other organizations in evaluating and supporting new business opportunities.
- Customer Ownership:
- Instill a sense of pride and ownership in the company and the individual’s work
- Support employees who directly interface with the customers by removing barriers, soliciting process improvement suggestions and streamlining the work.
- Hold employees and other departments accountable to meet customer needs.
- Operations Proficiency:
- Has a solid understanding of the business.
- Hold team accountable to achieving results through modeling behavior, coaching and performance management.
- Collaborate with other parts of the company and provide feedback to improve on processes to be more responsive to customers
- Employee Relations:
- Provide feedback and direction to technicians to ensure employee development, engagement and business knowledge
- Ensure a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Maintain a safe work environment by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the workplace..
- Competitive Marketplace:
- Partner with marketing to act as the “eyes” and “ears” of the local market to promote local initiatives and ensure appropriate competitive response.
- Two + years of prior supervisory experience
- Prior experience functioning in a similar capacity/Field Operations Leadership
- Basic understanding of electronics, electrical circuitry, network installation, and maintenance
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion/certification in related technical fields or vendor equipment desired
- BA/BS in Telecommunications, Operations Management or Business Administration preferred
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure and/or with deadlines
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and various community leaders to establish relationships and to assist with problem resolution
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Must take pride and ownership in work and exhibit a willingness to learn
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!