Who We Are:
Our client has been consistently ranked on The American Lawyer’s A-List since its inception in 2004, including six years in the top spot. we strive to hire only the most qualified and creative lawyers. We believe that clerkships provide valuable experience. In this regard, about 80 percent of our attorneys served as law clerks to federal or state judges. Seventeen attorneys were clerks to U.S. Supreme Court Justices.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Work with attorneys to respond to a request for proposals (RFPs) and pricing/custom rate requests
- Define scope and develop task-based budgets and forecasts
- Structure competitive bids and alternate fee arrangements (AFAs), and prepare risk and reward analyses
- Improve processes to review and approve AFAs and evaluate pricing programs
- Provide customized modeling, performance and benchmarking analyses
- Build and expand pricing frameworks to test and refine strategies and metrics for AFAs and custom rates
- Expand the database of pricing and cost benchmarks and models (market segment, case type, etc.)
- Build and/or acquire competitive pricing capabilities, considering external sources
- Provide attorneys and other department heads with relevant data to help them with business development efforts
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive client acquisition and expansion opportunities
- Oversee and optimize proposal/pricing related reports and dashboards
- Develop pricing guidelines/playbooks, training, and tools to enable attorneys to improve client presentations and negotiations
- Lead technology initiatives to automate our analytics processes and expand our competitive intelligence capabilities
- Lead administrator for technology solutions with the responsibility to optimize utilization and processes
- Implement software solutions and liaise with IT and vendors
- Monitor technical innovations in the industry in the areas of analytics and competitive pricing
- Directly manage staff, including performance management, workforce planning, and day-to-day operations
- Delegate and prioritize requests pipeline and balance team workload
- Mentor and develop team
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of financial planning and analysis (FP&A) experience or related experience involving data science/analytics and substantial quantitative modeling. Ability to manage a team with a demonstrated ability to work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Experience implementing a financial or other systems.
- Ability to support and/or coach internal customers on pricing strategy issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients including attorneys, management, firm clients, and vendors.
- Expert customer service skills that allow you to effectively manage expectations and build relationships.
- Ability to challenge current ideas, methods, and processes, proposing alternatives in a way that creates trust and builds consultative relationships.
- Expert ability to prioritize team assignments while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Expert skills in MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Prior law firm experience is helpful, but not required.
- VoIP, web and video applications
- Software systems, particularly:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote)
- SQL, SSRS, R, or Python
- budget manager, 3E, and dashboarding tool
- Project management tools (e.g., Asana)
- Other hardware/software as required
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, HSA, 401k
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program, Affordable Child Care
- Generous leaves of absence policy
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Transportation Allowance
- Monthly Luncheons
- Health and Wellness classes
- Weekly continental breakfast
- year-end bonuses/gifts
- Amazing Holiday Party
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies."