Director, Finance & Accounting
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director, Finance & Accounting
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
This nonprofit organization has their global headquarters in Greenwich, CT. They're a well-known organization who provides disaster relief internationally!
What makes this a great opportunity?
- Director, Finance & Accounting, who will join our finance team to provide high level support of accounting and financial reporting activities in field offices located in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- We have placed a few people in their accounting group since 2019!
- They offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits including:
- Generous paid time off package plus 15 holidays per year, and a winter break holiday
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401k (with 6% matching offered)
- Disability & life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Access to various employee assistance programs
Central to this role will be financial reporting, month end close activities, budgeting project and federal grant accounting. Further assignments will include various organizational wide initiatives for field offices such as, financial system implementation with the intention of greater integration of data across the numerous system feeds to the general ledger, budget and monthly financial reporting review and federal grant budgeting. This position supervises two managers and two staff and will perform his/her duties under the guidance and instructions of the VP Financial Accounting and Procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage financial accounting and reporting functions for field offices located in Colombia, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Tanzania, Liberia, and Philippines.
- Work closely with the finance management team, set standards and drive compliance with financial policies across the entire organization
- Continually reevaluate the field office accounting function and seek areas to introduce best practices that improve the close and financial reporting function.
- Meet regularly, build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with field office finance to support their financial accounting needs
- Establish and maintain financial controls
- Identify, develop, and monitor KPIs
- Oversee regulatory, internal, and external reporting in the field
- Ensure timeliness of the global month end close by creating and maintaining monthly close calendar and checklists for both HQ finance and local staff.
- Review field offices monthly and year-end financial reporting package and reports to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Ensure proper accounting of procured and donated inventory in the field
- Oversee foreign currency translation of foreign entities pursuant to ASC 830 and top side US GAAP accounting entries
- Ensure that local financial statements issued by the field offices are accurate, complete and in accordance with local statutory country requirements.
- Liaise with local tax attorneys to address international tax issues.
- Review field offices and/or grant budgets and support business development and programs in pursuing new private and public funding sources
- Liaise with treasury, US accounting, and financial planning & analysis group, as needed.
- Develop and lead field office financial accounting training and mentor non-finance personnel in financial reporting matters.
- Serve as finance lead in cross-functional team launching international field offices.
- Partner with IT in the design, development, and implementation of ERP for field offices.
- Support internal and external field audits, as well as the consolidated year end financial statement and USG audits
Key Requirements and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA is ideal
- 5+ years of international accounting experience, including consolidation, interoffice transfers, and multicurrency experience
- Nonprofit experience, including USG Grant reporting is a plus
- Experience with large financial software system required
- Strong communication skills; presentation, collaboration, and active listening
- Ability to work well in cross functional teams and to communicate effectively with different departments and all levels of staff
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively to top management and large cross functional audience
- Effective coach, mentor, and teacher. Ability to train lead and mentor employees both in the US and abroad
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks, delegate and meet critical deadlines
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills — demonstrated ability to apply creative solutions.
- Experience with accounting for inventory in the nonprofit or distribution sectors
- Energized by learning new processes and a willingness to both accept and drive change
- Outstanding systems/technical skills which includes MS Office and proficiency in MS Excel
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
Get fresh Director of Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.