Corporate Accounting Manager – locally owned wood products company
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a very stable Family owned, 80 year old wood products company headquartered here in Portland
- They operate in Western Oregon, Washington and British Columbia
- They are growing and prospering in these difficult times
- They continually invest in their employee, technology and continually looking to improve processes and techniques
- Reviews form Glass Door:
- The company cares about employees and has a family feel
- Company always looks to hire from within
- Encourage community engagement and volunteerism at all their locations
- Proud sponsors of the Portland Thorns and Portland Timbers Soccer clubs
Overview of the Corporate Accounting Manager role:
- The Corporate Accounting Manager reports directly to the U.S. Controller
- Responsible for the accounting and financial reporting success of the company –wide accounting process management and consolidation of periodic results
- Supervise Corporate Accounting Staff
- Oversee GL accounting, account reconciliation and financial statement review
- Oversee bank reconciliation
- Manage the corporate Accounts Payable department
- Prepare annual budgets
Preferred Qualifications for the Corporate Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA and/or MBA designation preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an accounting or finance position, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong work ethic, sense of commitment, team-oriented, customer focused and willingness to embrace change while striving for continuous improvement.
- Capacity to take on additional responsibility/promotable.
Excellent Compensation and benefits.
- Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance premiums
- Cost-effective co-pays & deductibles
- Vision, Short Term Disability
- Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after three years
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search or simply passive for the ideal position, we would like to have the chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in placement for accounting and finance professionals. Many of our positions are not posted on the internet. Please contact me for more information about this role as well as other opportunities.
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)