Our client, located in Westport, CT, is in the services realm. They have partnered with CFS to identify a Corporate Accountant to assist through the financial integration, post-acquisition. The company has multiple entities, including the US, UK, Bulgaria, Germany, and an operating entity as well. The Corporate Accountant will be involved with financial reporting and consolidations.
They have a team of 7 people in Accounting - the CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager, 2 Staff Accountant, and AR Specialist and an AP Specialist.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT:
Accounting / Financial Reporting
- Accounting and analysis of general ledger accounts; escalate risks and opportunities as recommendations for resolution
- Prepare monthly journal entries and related support schedules
- Responsible for fixed asset and intangible account analyses; compute and record depreciation/amortization expense
- Prepare bank account reconciliations
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements
- Review all unvouchered POs to ensure properly transferred into AP
- Support A/R regarding Sales Orders – Shortages and Overage
- Update commissions analysis
- Reconcile inventory on a monthly basis and ensure proper costing
- Analyze and reconcile inventory discrepancies between warehouse and internal ledger balances.
- Analyze inventory movement on a monthly basis and work with operations to manage inventory levels; communicate issues and provide analysis on unusual changes
- Generate Monthly Inventory Weeks supplies reporting and provide inventory analysis to senior management
- Perform periodic audits of warehouses.
- Provide support to the operations team
- Assist with year audit
- Assist with tax, insurance, and risk compliance
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls, policies and procedures
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- 3+ years of experience within a consumer products company preferred.
- Inventory/cost accounting experience in a manufacturing company preferred but not required.
- Proficient in MS Excel (strong - pivots and VLOOKUPS), MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies."