- Posted: over a month ago
- $110,000 to $130,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
About the Company:
Our client is a rapidly growing food manufacturing business who are looking to add a Controller to their team. The company has enjoyed incredible success in the last few years' and are seeking a candidate with a manufacturing and SAP background to join their team as they continue their expansion.
Reasons to Work Here:
• 15% Bonus
• Strong and stable – over 100 years’ old
• High growth business
• Reporting into the Controller – top accounting role in the business
• Strong medical / dental / vision – Blue Cross, Blue Shield
• 401k match – 6%
• Owned by a larger parent company providing financial stability
• Strong family, collaborative atmosphere
• Life insurance
• 16 days starting PTO
The plant controller position functions as a business leader and partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and provide controls for the local plant(s). Support plant management in driving a culture of safety by leading one of the elements in the plant safety program. Leads the financial staff at the plant and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, maintaining a control environment (SOX), annual plan and forecast, payables, cost accounting, business analysis and capital request/projects. This position will also be the liaison with the corporate finance staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring all plant staff understands company policies and procedures around maintaining a control environment (SOX compliance).
- This leader will be an active participant on the plant management team
- Responsible for the plant finance and accounting team.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of plant results. Develop annual plan and quarterly forecasts. Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material changes.
- Support the plant continuous improvement teams with financial support as well understand how the plant process flow functions.
- Ensure accuracy and accountability of inventories (raw, ingredient, packaging & FG) and fixed assets. Ensure all financial adjustments are recorded and reported timely.
- Participate in daily plant meetings with the Plant Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost and inventory levels.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management and internal audit.
- Assist with internal and external audits as required.
- Adhere to and support human and food safety policies and procedures and lead SRMP element team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years as cost manager or accounting manager in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Exposure to SAP a plus.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within this department.
- Additional travel less than 10%
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?