ABOUT THE COMPANY AND CFO/CONTROLLER OPPORTUNITY:
Our client, located in New Haven County, is a growing non-profit looking for a CFO/Controller on a temp to hire basis. Their mission is to attract and retain business in Connecticut by creating partnerships with local businesses, government, education, labor, and human services agencies. They’re looking for an individual who is comfortable working in a business environment but isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. This individual will be responsible for managing three individuals and would be joining a tenured team with a family-oriented feel!
If this sounds like you, KEEP READING!
* Controller/CFO *
Compensation: $42.00-$55.00/hr. (depending on experience, could go slightly higher) $90,000-120,000 on a perm basis
Work Hours: 8:30 am-4:30 pm, 1-hour lunch (35 hour work week)
Assignment length: temp-to-hire
Process: The client will review top recommendations and will start this person July 8th (as of now there is no interview process associated with this role)
Primary Responsibilities of the Controller/CFO:
- Direct and manage the organization’s overall financial policies and accounting practices;
- Develop and implement operating policies governing Finance;
- Create and maintain appropriate internal controls and financial procedures;
- Complete oversight and management of the accounting department.
- Oversee treasury, accounting, budget, tax, audit, and compliance activities of the organization;
- Oversee financial and accounting system controls and standards, and ensure timely financial reporting for Management, Board of Director’s, and Funding Entities;
- Oversee and participate in planning activities involving the financial impact of corporate options and decisions, and project future impacts and outcomes on the Agency’s finances and organizational structure;
- Monitor and enforce compliance with all internal and external regulations;
- Oversight and development of the indirect rate cost and recovery of indirect costs;
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors;
- Oversee organizations unrestricted asset accounts;
- Oversee the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director and senior leadership.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions’
- Oversee the contracting, subcontracting and procurement activities of the organization;
- Effectively communicate and present the financial matters to the Board of Directors and/or subcommittees of the Board.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including contractors, vendors, and consultants;
- Develop and update annually the infrastructure cost-sharing agreements with Agency’s partners
- Oversee administration of the organization's Personnel function: Payroll, Policies, and Employee Benefits Plans;
- Serve as liaison and advocate for staff regarding all benefit enrollments, correspondences and follow-up communications;
- Serve as the administrator for the company’s: health, dental, disability, and life insurance plans.
- Serve as the administrator of the company’s retirement plan;
- Provide analysis and insight to trends, performance and activities affecting the organization and/or the region.
- Oversee administration of the organization’s corporate insurances, leases, and legal matters
Requirements of the CFO/Controller:
- Must have experience with QuickBooks
- Must understand Federal Accounting
- Must have experience leading audit
- Non Profit Experience preferred!
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!