Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) McMinnville, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Construction Accountant – work on various construction projects; company is growing!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Want a role as a Construction Accountant for a company that goes out of their way for the people they serve, providing a service to encourage support and comfort.
- This Construction Accountant position role works closely with the Controller and Accounting manager in a great team environment.
- The founder has a beautiful story to share about the inspiration for creating something that many people benefit from.
- People we have placed with our client find it a great place to work and be part of the team
- If you are looking to be in a high-growth, fast-paced environment with an innovative company, this could be the opportunity for you!
Overview of the Construction Accountant role:
- Responsible for ensuring that the costs of all construction and capital spending projects are recorded and tracked accurately and timely
- Closing projects to assets or expense according to GAAP guidelines
- Provide relevant reporting to project managers and senior management
- Work closely with the Development Team, accounts payable and general accounting
- Manage the "job cost" accounting process from beginning to end
- Set up jobs in Yardi, inputting and updating budget, overseeing accounts payable processing, and job closeout
- Coordinate and assemble draw packages for jobs to fund job expenditures
- Provide financial information and guidance to project managers and the development team regarding jobs and any cost variances
Preferred Qualifications for the Construction Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience, including specific experience in construction accounting.
- Knowledge and application of accounting principles and functions (e.g. debits, credits, journal entries, CIP, asset capitalization and depreciation).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organization, and from project funding source representatives.
- Experience with Job Cost Accounting Software, preferably with Yardi Construction.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
Excellent compensation, benefits. Must be open to working onsite
Please email your resume for immediate consideration.
Timing is everything. Whether you are aggressively in a job search or simply passive for the ideal position, we would like to have the chance to share our opportunities with you. We specialize in placement for accounting and finance professionals. Many of our positions are not posted on the internet. Please contact me for more information about this role as well as other opportunities.
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)