Position Overview : expanding and hiring a full-time Cash Applications Specialist. The Specialist is tasked with administering to all aspects of the accounts receivable process within a complex ERP system. This function includes ensuring that all accounts receivable related transactions are recorded accurately and timely, maintaining customer records, and providing support to the managers on billing and collection issues The Associate reports directly to the AR Accounting Supervisor and works alongside a team of co-workers who provide assistance and resources in a collegian, professional office environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Posts line item check, wire, or ACH payments to customer accounts within 24 hours of receipt.
· Record all deposits as they are received into the company’s bank account within 24 hours.
· Analyzes any credit balance to determine if a refund should be processed on account.
· Partners with customer contact to obtain missing remittance information.
· Balances receipts, reconciles daily credit card batches, and prepares audit trail.
· Prepares manual checks for deposit to bank if necessary, and electronically processes
· Works with customers and co-workers to resolve cash application problems as needed
· Coordinate the collections process on past due accounts with the Collections Analyst.
· Maintain organized filing of all accounts receivable deposit documentation as required by the needs of the business.
· Respond to emails and voicemails to generic departmental inboxes.
· Process Credit Card transactions.
· Provide reports and supporting documentation for audits as needed.
· Attention to detail; 100% accuracy of data management is a must.
· Excellent customer service and problem solving abilities
· Team environment; good interpersonal skills required, working alongside colleagues as well as independently.
· Clear Communication through email and phone is vital.
· Fast-paced environment; constant deadlines and sometimes switching tasks midstream.
· Independent, positive thinking and adapting to changing circumstances.
· Office hours 8a – 5p with overtime hours and weekends sometimes required
- 3+ years of Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) accounting experience
- 3+ years of cash application experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
· Transportation and/or freight experience a plus
- Good communication skills; ability to learn new software systems with training
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Reliable transportation and ability to commute to north Houston.
- Ability to work full-time regular office hours with flexibility to work some overtime.
· Must be a highly adaptable and dependable, detail-oriented, self-starter, able to work with limited direct supervision
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies."