Our client is searching for a caring; conscientious team player and fun-loving Bookkeeper to join their team. This person will have direct client contact with 8 to 12 clients monthly. The Bookkeeper will be primarily responsible for day to day accounting functions such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, general ledger, and monthly bank reconciliations for multiple clients. The bookkeeper will also develop a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, defining bookkeeping policies and procedures, and maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions. They will also balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Manage accounting activities such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and payroll.
- Prepare and analyze income statements, balance sheets, and other financial statements.
- Reconcile bank account statements to the GL
- Prepare reports for management such as Profit & Loss by Class, Sales by Item and Profit & Loss Budgets vs Actual
- Manage relationships with multiple
- Post journal entries, maintain and analyze general ledger.
- Process weekly payroll, client billings, and reconciliation of all permanent and temporary employees.
- Calculate and report all commissions and
- Assist with the annual budget process and monitor activity to suggest forecast recommendations to management.
- Set up new employees in the payroll system
- Prepare all quarterly and annual payroll tax
- Prepare 1099's
- High School Degree Required/College Courses Preferred
- 2 - 5 years related bookkeeping experience
- Experience with Quick Books is a plus
- General Ledger experience
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent
- Organization and planning skills
- Work management, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Accuracy, flexibility, reliability, teamwork
#hiring #bookkeeper #Houston #interview #publicaccounting #hringnow #CFS