The BSA Officer watches over the transactional compliance and security of the institution and its employees, as well as the Bank's management and operations with federal, state and Bank-established rules under the laws of the Bank Secrecy Act Patriot Act and Anti Money Laundering (AML), as well as any other laws regulating IBE in relation to the area of compliance
Functions and Duties:
• Implement all aspects related to the BSA/AML Compliance Program as established by the Bank.
• Reports required by the office of the Commissioner of Financial Institutions.
• Responsible for initiating investigations of violations of BSA/AML rules, procedures, policies and regulations.
• Responsible for working with inquiries received from the Operations Department related to the authorization of deposit account openings.
• Responsible with the authorization of deposit openings.
• Responsible for monitoring to detect unusual or suspicious transactions in the ECS system.
• Post-training and seminars received from the Bank, the employee is responsible for being aware and up-to-date with all state and federal regulations, including but not limited to the regulations of the Bank Secrecy and Money Laundering Act (BSA/AML)
• Report in the required monthly time Report all transactions of $5,000.00 or greater than $5,000.00.
• Review of the transfers referred to by the Operations Department, prior to their award, ruling out suspicious handling.
• Comply with the Bank's policies and procedures
Education & Experience
BA in Business Administration or related area. 3 or more years of experience in BSA Positions. Bilingual