Audit Associate - Entertainment Auditor
We are working with a progressive public accounting firm that has been ranked as a Top 20 largest accounting firm on the Los Angeles Business Journal's Book of Lists and has been ranked one of The Best Places to Work eight times since 2008. This is one of the premiere participation audit firms in the United States. The team perform examinations of motion picture and television producers and distributors to recover money and other valuable benefits while helping enhance relationships with the third party.
Professionals have extensive career experience with a wide range of global home entertainment companies, including every major Hollywood studio and many smaller studios and independent producers. The dedicated team has extensive participation audit experience, providing services related to more than 80 of the top 100 grossing films of all time as well as a long list of top-rated television series.
Great company. Great people. Great benefits. Great place to work!
Audit Associate, Royalty Compliance and Forensics:
- Pays overtime compensation - plus bonus
- 18 PTO Days
- Office closes from Christmas Eve until after New Year's Day
- Great opportunity for growth & promotion
- Flexible work schedules, work anywhere/anytime capability
- Opportunity to work on Entertainment Audits at Major Film and Production Studios
Audit Associate Summary of Responsibilities:
Associates are given a wide variety of diversified accounting assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Projects primarily focus on film and television participation forensic reviews. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
Audit Associate Essential Functions:
- Data processing and analysis
- Demonstrate an understanding of audit/accounting programs, procedures, and work paper technique.
- Conduct analytical testing and determine conclusions as directed by manager
- Create schedules that foot, cross-foot and tie to source documents
- Ability to proof reports
- Ability to draft Reports and Exhibits
- Abstract agreements
- Select and review source documents for costs charged on a statement
- Assist in litigation support
- Demonstrate an understanding of participation agreements and statements, (i.e., identify potential claim issues and drafts claims and comments for inclusion in report)
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client and assess client's satisfaction
Audit Associate Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
At least one (1) year of public accounting and auditing experience preferred
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Strong analytical skills; a thinker, who can generate “out of the box” ideas
Proficient in Word, Excel and ePACE
Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Able to communicate effectively with the team, the studio, and the client.
Financial Services – Big4 – CPA – Senior Accountant – Senior Staff Accountant - Audit Associate - Senior Auditor – Ernst & Young – PwC –
Pricewaterhouse Coopers – KPMG – Deloitte – Contracts Compliance Forensics – Entertainment – Movie Production – Film Studios –
Agency – Actors - Writers - Producers - Film Makers - Sony - Paramount - 20th Century FOX - Warner Bros. - Disney - Universal Studios