Accounts Receivable Specialist
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) Deerfield, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Accounts Receivable and Collections Specialist is responsible for the collection of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the customer base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
- Review status of delinquent accounts and initiate collection action by developing a custom collection campaign consisting of e-mails, phone calls and/or standard mail correspondence. Document progress and follow up as necessary through to resolution.
- Enlist the efforts of the sales representatives, sales managers and accounting management when necessary to escalate the collection process.
- Communicate regularly with Manager on status of problem accounts.
- Analyze customer accounts and resolve discrepancies as required.
- Prepare specialized collection reports on a regular basis.
- Process sales adjustments when approved.
- Process payment and credit memo applications.
- Responsible for ensuring end of day invoice processing is completed.
- Create and maintain departmental procedure documents.
- Support sales through the management of Net 1, Proforma and any other modifications needed for invoices as requested and appropriate and follow through to resolution.
- Serve as backup for cash application process through lockbox, ACH, and Wire deposits received daily.
- Serve as backup for answering incoming calls on switchboard, when necessary
- Support other team members on day to day responsibilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of collections experience.
- Prior accounting system experience, preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles and obtain results.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)Why Work Here?
Check out this great opportunity!
CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management. CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Finance and Insurance