ABOUT THE COMPANY
With a large and growing accounting and finance team in Connecticut, there is significant opportunity for individual advancement within the department and company. They have a team-oriented culture and really provide employees with a sense of value, by offering the tools necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR
- The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for all accounting processes and procedures for this organization's regional accounts, each being their own entity from an accounting perspective
- The Accountanting Supervisor will compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries to be posted to general ledger accounts
- Prepares monthly financial package for corporate management team as well as other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Responsible for Cash Management and wire transfers for up to 4 bank accounts adhering to all funding requirements
- The Accounting Supervisor will also handle other month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities and oversee the regional accounting team.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Corporate GL Accounting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and able to work within strict deadlines month to month
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills including advanced MS Excel