A Washington, DC based nonprofit organization is looking to hire an experienced Accounting Manager! This is a great opportunity for someone to work alongside a strong leadership team and make a valuable impact to the team while growing themselves professionally. This organization offers an ideal culture, excellent benefits, and so much more!
- A collaborative environment with an amazing group of people
- Accessibility to Executive leadership
- Excellent benefits and the opportunity to be a part of an awesome mission!
Qualified candidates will have a solid work ethic and a strategic mindset, as well as the desire to build a long-term career with a dynamic organization. This is a key role within the accounting department and the Accounting Manager will have the opportunity to train and mentor junior staff and assist with process enhancements.
- Provide oversight to the month-end close process
- Manage revenue and expenses
- Provide support to internal and external auditors
- Prepare schedules and analysis to support quarterly financial statement review
- Train, mentor and provide oversight to junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or MBA, a plus but not required
- 5+ years of experience within the nonprofit industry
- Experience with month end close and annual audit
- Strong MS Excel skills and experience working with accounting systems
- Great personality and communication skills