- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you passionate about making a difference within your community? Our client helps connect folks to the right people, the right resources, and the right skills. A goal of this non profit is to help residents build their neighborhood into the home they want it to be. This is a great opportunity to work closely with leadership and expand your accounting skills.
- Non-profit company that is well established
- Low turnover
- Ability to work closely with the director and be a decision maker
- Strong company values
- Hybrid work schedule with flexibility
- Great work life balance -40 hour work week
- Excellent benefits- HMO and PPO
- Nice company culture- volunteer events, team outings
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and control procedures
- Complete finance duties such as preparing journal entries to general ledger accounts to record transactions and maintain accurate financial data
- Complete the reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts monthly, while monitoring transactional activity for proper recording and flagging of any suspicious activity
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports
- Produce financial statements for Board Finance Committee, Organizational Compensation Committee, Executive Director and Director of Operations
- Process and follow up on all debits and credit card transactions, staff reimbursements, contractor payments, checks and other Account Payables in Quickbooks Online
- Perform Accounts Receivable duties including: recording receivables, applying income (checks & ACH) and following up on payment discrepancies
- Manages/supervisors NWC’s part-time Finance Coordinator, including supporting their training and development, supporting their work, and helping them learn additional finance related items
- ]Supporting Director of Operations in documenting and presenting financial procedures to staff
- Assist Director of Operations in preparing year-end audit for CPA-auditors and carryout communication throughout annual audit
- Assist external accounting firm with preparation of 1099 data
- Bachelors degree
- Experience working in the non profit industry
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)Why Work Here?
Check out this opportunity!
CFS is a leading, employee-owned staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting, finance & IT professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management. CFS was named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” three years in a row and also cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies” two years in a row!
AddressElmwood Park, IL
Finance and Insurance