Our client has asked us to find an AP Specialist for an additional role in the 4 person team already in place.
A strong group and a great company, looking to add an AP Specialist to join the team into a great 2020!
New office building, clean manufacturing environment, excellent insurance, great pay and generous benefits make working for this company AWESOME!
Within a fast pace and growing manufacturing environment, the A/P Manager reports directly to the Assistant Controller and is accountable for accurate and timely execution of all A/P tasks on an accrual basis (coding, statement checking, collecting W9s, issuing 1099s etc.). This person must be autonomous and able to make sound decisions. The A/P Manager will work closely with the accounting staff, team members, and vendors in various capacities, and assist the Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate will have large volume (+2,000 weekly invoices) accounts payable experience. Must be able to multi-task, problem solve, be flexible and adaptable to differing situations. Excellent inter-personal skills are needed as well.
RESPONSIBILITIES for AP Specialist:
- Process high volume of accounts payable responsibilities and assisting with the accounting team.
- Work with AP clerks and prepare weekly check run and Statement Checking.
- Manage Corporate American Express card to ensure proper coding and documentation.
- Supervise and review bank account reconciliations
- Record the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, track existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and account for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Perform all accounting tasks in accordance with the company policy, statutory reporting requirements and GAAP.
- Resolve accounting issues identified and liaise with operations and corporate, as applicable.
Skill & Knowledge for the ideal candidate:
- 4 years of corporate accounting experience
- Must be highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, autonomous and able to lead the accounting team
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA highly preferred
- Proficiency with SAP, GP, Oracle or other major ERP system
- Experience with account reconciliations and booking journal entries required
- Experience with accrual bookkeeping
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required
Job Type: Full-time