Creative Door Services, North America’s largest overhead door dealer, operates nine branches across Western Canada and we have over 50 years of experience in the residential and commercial overhead door industry. We provide access solutions by servicing and installing a variety of overhead doors and driveway gate systems, operators and associated controls.
We have an immediate opening for a Warehouse Worker / General Labourer located in the Winnipeg branch. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Worker will perform all warehouse duties and may serve as a Labourer with Overhead Door Technicians.
This role is a permanent, part time position with potential for career progression to Overhead Door Technician. The shift is Monday, Thursday and Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. This shift is subject to change with notice.
- Keeping the warehouse organized and maintaining inventory controls
- Processing incoming and outgoing materials
- Conducting inventory checks and providing reports to Warehouse Manager
- Maintaining rolling inventory of continuous jobs per company policy and procedure
- Performing a variety of material movement tasks for order filling, receiving and loading/unloading
- Following processes to ensure error-free shipping and receiving
- Painting and preparing materials for installation
- Maintaining a professional demeanor
- Championing safety standards
- Providing superior customer service
- Working with hand tools, electric tools and ladders
- Regular interaction with warehouse staff, construction Project Managers, customers other trades and safety personnel
- Actively participating in learning the trade
- Other duties, as assigned
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Possessing resourcefulness, integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to work in a team environment
- Comfortable with heights (ladders & lifts)
- Good physical condition; able to lift 75 pounds repetitively, work on feet all day and in all weather conditions
- Above average mechanical aptitude
- Application of general knowledge of industry standards, company policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of overhead doors, sectional, rolling steel, high speed or specialty doors would be considered an asset
· Completion of High School or equivalent
· Exposure to warehouse environment would be preferred
· Experience in a relevant trade is beneficial (for example, shipping/ receiving, warehouse, construction)
· Some experience with customer service would be an asset
· Any relevant safety training or tickets preferred or willingness to obtain (WHMIS, Fall protection, First Aid, etc.)
A positive work environment with competitive pay and an excellent benefit plan
Encouragement and support for our Technicians and Installers in obtaining CDI Certification
Comprehensive technical, safety and product training provided
Opportunity to build a long-term career with upward mobility
Excellent Health and Dental benefits offered for full time employees
Strong team and an active Social Committee
COR Certified workplace
Equal opportunity employer
If this career opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, apply online with your resume and include your salary expectations. Please add “WAREHOUSE WORKER- WINNIPEG” to the subject line of all correspondence.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.