Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Creative Digital Systems Integration, Inc. Simi Valley, CA
- Posted: September 23, 2021
Who We Are:
CDSI, Creative Digital Systems Integration Inc., is an emerging small business company providing cutting edge technology solutions to complex RF requirements. We develop ground-breaking 'first-of-its-kind' products that have ranged from complete phased-array antenna systems, radar calibration tools, application modeling, and data visualization. These are very exciting times for CDSI as we have strategically maneuver our company as a leading manufacturer within the telemetry digital beam forming technologies as well as the radar/telemetry simulation environments.
We are searching for a bright and enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer to assist creating, maintaining and repairing the electronic systems, components and equipment used and developed in support of products. You must be a team player; we are a company built on collaboration and creativity. We foster an environment of sharing information, and provide the highest level of mutual respect.
What you will do:
- Design and analyze components and subsystems for electro-mechanical systems.
- Design products, tools, and fixtures to meet product specifications
- Produce engineering drawings; responsible for accuracy of drawings to match design specification
- Prepare test procedures and write test reports, technical proposals and other engineering related documents
- Be responsible for all associated testing requirements, qualification and compliance of design to customers specifications
- Prepare and lead design reviews and supports other meeting requests
- Design assembly and fabrication tooling and fixtures; Troubleshoot problems, including but not limited to assembly, test, machining and process problems
- Review, refine, approve and coordinate product releases both internally and with supply chain.
- Generate and maintain 3D models and prints using Solid Edge.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Engineering Manager.
The most successful candidate will have significant experience in many of the following areas:
- Ability to read technical drawings, machine shop knowledge, drafting and engineering knowledge.
- Working experience with materials such as aluminum castings, forgings, stainless steel, alloy and steel.
- Excellent working knowledge of aerospace process and assemblies
- Knowledge of military and commercial aerospace specifications and standards
- Knowledge of aerospace hardware and associate specifications
- Experience with troubleshooting non-conforming material
- Product and Process improvements in the fabrication, assembly and test process
- Initiation of drawing changes
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough understanding of machine tolerances, GD&T, and NC machine capabilities
- Thorough understanding of CAD software.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Background in aerospace engineering.
- FEA analysis.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and BitBucket.
- Experience with packaging high density RF circuit boards
- Heat transfer in pcb's
- Milling and Sheetmetal design
- Basic structural and thermal analysis
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in Solid Works/Solid Edge Design Environment
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Compensation and Benefits:
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a competitive salary, a robust benefit package including medical, dental, and vision plans, life and AD&D insurance. We offer a 401k program with matching contributions from the company. In addition, we offer endless opportunities to learn, grow, and develop your strengths through top-tier training programs, certification sponsorship and tuition reimbursement. Most importantly, we offer a fun, energetic environment that truly has a familial atmosphere and a crucial emphasis on maintaining a strong work-life balance through our paid-time-off policies, paid holidays, parental leave, family leave, and bereavement leave.
NOTE: In order to conform to Government technology export regulations (ITAR), applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents (Green Card holders).
CDSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
CDSI don't offer relocation funding
Powered by JazzHR
Creative Digital Systems Integration, Inc.
AddressSimi Valley, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Creative Digital Systems Integration, Inc.