- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
With 19 networks in 13 major cities, Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs. Our 450+ skilled engineers, operators and energy experts have a singular dedication to our customers’ success and a relentless focus on delivering efficient energy, resilient management and operation of cooling and heating networks, the production of green energy and carbon footprint reductions for the customers and communities in which we serve.
Who You Are:
The Account Manager will independently manage customer requests and business requirements and will develop and maintain long-term relationships with each assigned customer. The Account Manager has responsibility for customer satisfaction for all business transactions with the goal to retain and grow the account sales. This is not a lead generation role; it is working with an existing customer and developing and signing ongoing long-term contracts. This is a full-time exempt position and reports to the Manager of Sales and Account Management. This position is located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Retain and grow relationships and business opportunities with assigned customer accounts. Emphasis will be on ability to “close” contracts.
- Develop and maintain a quality relationship with customers at the operations & executive level.
- Promote new programs, products and services to meet annual business plans and growth objectives.
- Lead negotiations with clients, including preparation of contracts and possible structuring of financing solutions.
- Participate in company sponsored activities and professional associations to ensure an active and effective outreach program in the business and customer community.
- Maintain an active and accurate customer contact database for all assigned customers for reporting of customer activities, marketing conditions and promotional materials.
- Manage a quality customer relationship to address and resolve any billing disputes or collections issues.
- Develop annually and update quarterly a business plan to meet and track business plan objective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience working in the U.S. energy markets (natural gas, oil, coal and electricity).
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in account management and business development within the Energy & Utilities industry providing technical, business and financial solutions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong ability to interpret, develop and negotiate intricate agreements; influencing long term sales contracts.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate options and understand competitive positions required to meet internal hurdles and successfully negotiate contracted business with customers.
- Thorough working knowledge of financial aspects of the business, including how to calculate ROI by utilizing sophisticated financial models using Microsoft Excel.
- Proven experience in developing technical and business requirements.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and listen to their needs in order to create customized client solutions.
- Hands-on project experience working directly with clients. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team atmosphere with many departments.
- Strong customer orientation and focus; all experienced through sales relationships, technical services and or customer service background.
- Achievement oriented – adaptable to changing markets and customer needs while maintaining focus on desired goals.
- This position may require travel to customer sites occasionally as needed.
- Must submit to company required pre-employment drug screen.
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
BusinessView all jobs at Creative Alignments