Head of Finance
- Expired: November 13, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization - driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We're breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We're based in New York City's Soho neighborhood with a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
CreateMe is hiring a Head of Finance, responsible for all financial, operational, and strategic matters relating to budgeting and forecasting, FP&A leadership, audit, cash flow management, operating expenses, product pricing, assessment of key strategic initiatives, fundraising, and vendor oversight. In this role, you will be responsible for all financial controls and compliance matters, effective revenue accounting, and accuracy of financial information. You will be a key source of input on negotiations with vendors, investments required for the product roadmap, and market evaluation. You will oversee a team of two (Accountant and FP&A Manager) that will grow over time. You are a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial, hands-on finance leader who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment. In this role you, will play a key role in growing a company that will have a transformational impact on its respective industries
- Develop an annual budget, along with monthly, quarterly, annual forecasts and timely identification for areas for enhanced focus as well as successes
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP, ensuring timely and accurate closing of financial statements
- Analyze financial data and prepare monthly variance reports for management discussion and analysis to explain key variances in the business
- Oversee day-to-day financial and accounting operations, including cash flow management, AR, AP and payroll. Ensure effective billing and receivables activities including billing timeliness and accuracy and effective revenue recognition
- Create dashboard to show real-time financial performance and cash flow
- Develop and ensure strong financial controls and reporting
- Partner with Co-CEOs and executive team to evaluate investments, product pricing, acquisition costs and market evaluations
- Oversee compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax and sales tax filings, working in coordination with Company's external tax accountants
- Advanced degree in finance, business or related field
- Minimum of 10-15 years' of financial and accounting experience
- Previous experience in a fast-moving, high-growth company
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Superior track record implementing financial controls and process
- Worked with a variety of ERP and financial management software
- Leadership experience as a strategic partner to executive teams driven through effective communication, data and insights
- Assumes a player-coach role and is passionate about developing talent
- CPA or CMA
- Experience at public accounting firm
- Experience in the apparel industry, advanced-manufacturing, retail or e-commerce organization
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CreateMe
Get fresh Finance Research jobs daily straight to your inbox!