Software Developer with DOD Secret Clearance
Craytek Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JAVA Software Developer
**Position is on the Washington Navy Yard, Washington DC (liberal telework permitted)
PAID OVERTIME IS AVAILABLE**
Craytek is seeking a robust software developer to join our Navy applications support team. On this project, we are developing and maintaining java applications to support the Business and Logistics divisions of our Navy customer. This position involves direct customer interaction, data reconciliation, and consulting to internal Divisions/Branches as needed. Contributions from this role will be key in delivering successful projects to our customers.
- Design, code, test, and deploy systems
- Explore new technologies and have fun finding the best tools
- Work on everything from the backend to user-interfaces and content management, to messaging and web services
- Practical understanding of object-oriented, multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Day to day assist the Craytek Project Manager in providing technical consultation to the customers in the design, installation, configuration for software solutions
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Strong knowledge of STRUTS 2 framework, Maven, Eclipse, and Jenkins build tools
- IIS and Tomcat server platforms
- Oracle, SQL Server, and Oracle PLSQL procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Web-based application delivery
- 5+ years of experience with STRUTS, Hibernate, Oracle PLSQL procedures
- Experience with CSS and HTML5
- Some scripting knowledge (VB, PowerShell) useful
- ACTIVE DOD SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- COMPTIA SECURITY+ CE REQUIRED
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Experience with automated testing/scripting
- Source Code Management such as Jenkins and Subversion
- Collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS)
- Excellent understanding of Windows OS & infrastructure to include File System, Active Directory & security
- Working knowledge of Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work on a team or independently
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the industry, some of which are more specialized to any of the above tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field; equivalent experience will be considered
Our small and robust team embraces Agile values and use we use an agile hybrid approach in developing and maintaining our software. This includes continuous integration to develop software applications. We are looking for a developer with a genuine passion to learn, create quality solutions, and solve tough challenges. You will deliver technical solutions by coordinating with product owners, product teams, and IT cross-functional groups. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing (automation), deploying, and self-documenting working software. This role is a dynamic and challenging opportunity that complements and extends the strengths of the Craytek onsite Application Support team. The successful candidate will need to prioritize multiple efforts and deliver flexible solutions and solid performance for our customers.
Compensation: Based On Experience
CraytekWhy Work Here?
Craytek is a small company with a tremendous culture, competitive pay, and great benefits. Craytek has been in business since 2001. Join us!
Craytek was founded in 2001, and is a Third Party Certified Woman Owned Small Business. Craytek is ISO 9001: 2015 Registered/Certified. Although small, Craytek has considerable experience working in the DOD space, with 19 years uninterrupted service to DOD components. Craytek is highly experienced managing and performing IT work for DOD organizations, including the Army, Navy, and Air Force. At Craytek, our mission is to provide high quality Information Technology and Consulting Services at a reasonable cost, enabling our customers to concentrate on their core businesses. Craytek has an extensive history of providing superior engineering and technical support services for the Army, Navy, and other DOD customers. Craytek offers flexible solutions and proven performance. We strive to ensure we understand the mission needs of our customers and pride ourselves on unparalleled customer service. We value our team members and always treat them accordingly.