SQL Server Administrator
Craytek Bremerton, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $110,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Senior System Admin (SQL Server Focus) - Bangor, WA
The position is on the Bangor Trident Submarine Base, Washington.
Install, upgrade, and monitor software and hardware. Maintain the essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, email, PCs, local and wide area networking both hardware and software, and mid-range server hardware. This specifically includes IBM Maximo Enterprise Test, Development, and Production Application. Manages the Maximo Security Model (adding users, groups, group permissions, etc.). Performs administration of Microsoft SQL servers and all database management areas. Ensures that all IT equipment items are correctly configured and maintained and that system security requirements are strictly adhered to.
Support the SSP IT team to:
- Ensure network operations and security
- Support current and future requirements
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist in strategic growth initiatives. Installing, configuring, and maintain SSP hardware/software to include providing SSP with advanced support in deploying Operating Systems, Software, and Hardware solutions.
Monitor performance to determine if adjustments are required. Monitoring life cycles and maintenance inventory. Scheduling and performing maintenance tasks. Ensuring documentation is complete, current, and accessible to appropriate personnel. Diagnose and repair issues related to Operating Systems, Applications, and Hardware. Ensure that all Operating Systems, Software, and Hardware are kept secure by identifying potential vulnerabilities.
Identify solutions to complex issues and staying aware of how a change in one system may affect other systems. Ensure the completion of problem resolutions for the SSP environment is completed according to the SSP CIO standards. Ensure that end-user support requests are prioritized with SSP needs to provide excellent customer service while balancing the demands of multiple objectives. Ensure that ticket routing procedure are followed so that others on the team and customers can identify the work that is being done and can provide feedback.
Requirements and Qualifications -
- 5-7 years professional experience
- An active CompTIA Security+ certification
- Windows Server 2016 OS training
- Windows SQL Server 2016 training
Other Requirements and Qualifications -
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware, operating and application systems and utilities
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows Server 2016 or newer
- Database administration experience Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or higher
- Experience with client-server database applications
- Must have experience in database restoration and recovery in SQL Server
- Must also be able to create and execute SQL scripts and queries
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT or related field. Five years of relevant technical experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**
CraytekWhy Work Here?
Craytek is a small company with a tremendous culture, competitive pay, and great benefits. Craytek has been in business since 2001.
Craytek was founded in 2001, and is a Certified Woman Owned Small Business. Craytek is ISO 9001: 2015 Registered/Certified. Although small, Craytek has considerable experience working in the DOD space, with 19 years uninterrupted service to DOD components. Craytek is highly experienced managing and performing IT work for DOD organizations, including the Army, Navy, and Air Force. At Craytek, our mission is to provide high quality Information Technology and Consulting Services at a reasonable cost, enabling our customers to concentrate on their core businesses. Craytek has an extensive history of providing superior engineering and technical support services for the Army, Navy, and other DOD customers. Craytek offers flexible solutions and proven performance. We strive to ensure we understand the mission needs of our customers and pride ourselves on unparalleled customer service. We value our team members and always treat them accordingly.
TechnologyView all jobs at Craytek