Position is on Bangor Submarine Bases, Washington State.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide Windows 10 desktop support in-person and using remote control access.
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of user workstations, laptops, printers, network equipment and wireless devices for both SIPRNET and NIPRNET.
- Assist in the maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of network switches.
- Support Microsoft Office applications and other customer applications.
- Support specialized software for Navy, Marine Corps, and overall Command job functions.
- Document work done in Help Desk tickets from initial request through request completion.
- Coordinate user problem resolution with other IT department staff as necessary.
- Develop and maintain system documentation regarding physical topology, equipment, environment and/or software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift standard PC equipment and peripherals for the purpose of installations, moves, replacements/etc.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques involved in help desk operations, support technician operations, and basic Active Directory.
- Knowledge of and ability to use and install relevant hardware, software and other equipment.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting desktop operating systems and associated hardware and peripherals.
- Capable of working in a demanding environment of near-100% system availability and be able to render solutions to issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with end users at all levels.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other general applications.
- Ability to undertake self-managed initiatives.
- Develop and vet procedure documentation.
- Active US Government SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE is required for this position.
- CompTia Certifications (A+, Network+, or Security+) is required for this position.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree in Information Technology or related degree or equivalent work experience that includes IT support.
- Experience with Cisco Network equipment is highly desired
- VPN, VTC, System Imaging, Encryption support experience is a plus.
- Experience with IVanti HEAT ticketing system
Additional Notes: Position is on KITSAP NAVAL BASE, Bangor WA.