Cisco Network Engineer
Craytek Las Vegas, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Network Engineer W/ Secret Clearance - Bangor, WA (up to $120K with OT)
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
A Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing network infrastructure and application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets customer satisfaction. A Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators, and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments, have a basic understanding of STP, VTP, and Port-Security, including 802.1X
- The ability to support voice and video applications, such as VOIP, and video teleconferencing
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems, and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Design, configure and install systems and servers related to the network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Ensures that all CISCO routers and switches are correctly configured and maintained and that the system security requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Function as the CISCO expert for the entire team. This technical position will be directly responsible for configuring network infrastructure and related services for the networks.
- Work as a key member of the Networking Team and other IT staff to (1) ensure network operations, (2) support current and future requirements, (3) provide excellent customer service, and assist in strategic growth initiatives, and build collaborative relationships with the customer IT staff.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- CCNE and at least one of the following listed certifications: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
- 5-7 Years of Network Engineering experience preferably in a DOD/Navy environment
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field.
- Must have a strong technical background and knowledge of network engineering, CISCO routers and switches, and overall network operations.
- Windows Server 2016, Exchange, and/or SQL experience a plus
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite, and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance, and equipment malfunctions
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**
CraytekWhy Work Here?
Craytek is a small company with a tremendous culture, competitive pay, and great benefits. Craytek has been in business since 2001. Join us!
Craytek was founded in 2001, and is a Third Party Certified Woman Owned Small Business. Craytek is ISO 9001: 2015 Registered/Certified. Although small, Craytek has considerable experience working in the DOD space, with 19 years uninterrupted service to DOD components. Craytek is highly experienced managing and performing IT work for DOD organizations, including the Army, Navy, and Air Force. At Craytek, our mission is to provide high quality Information Technology and Consulting Services at a reasonable cost, enabling our customers to concentrate on their core businesses. Craytek has an extensive history of providing superior engineering and technical support services for the Army, Navy, and other DOD customers. Craytek offers flexible solutions and proven performance. We strive to ensure we understand the mission needs of our customers and pride ourselves on unparalleled customer service. We value our team members and always treat them accordingly.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
TechnologyView all jobs at Craytek