******We are looking for a Survey Crew Chief with 4 or more years of experience.******
Currently, we are partnered with an amazing company who is seeking an experienced Survey Crew Chief to join their growing team. This opportunity will allow you to gain experience across a variety of markets and locales. You will be part of a growing organization and will be provided the opportunity to have a large impact in a short period of time.
The Survey Crew Chief acts as an authorized agent of the company and is responsible for delivering technically sound products that meet and exceed the needs of the clients. Makes significant decisions in cooperation with Team Leaders on assigned projects. May be responsible for assisting with marketing, business development, project management and client communication on a limited and assigned basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Uses professional judgement to independently complete tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Assigns and manages tasks and schedules to other project team members
• Delegate work within company Teams
• Ensures the accuracy of completed tasks through established QC/QA processes
• Completes tasks that meet the needs of internal and external customers
• Review technical documents and provide suggestions/recommendations for improvements
• Monitors and pro-actively identifies or corrects technical, schedule, or financial issues through effective communication with the Team Leader or other management staff
• Signs and seals technical documents as an authorized representative of the company (when licensed)
• Independently communicates on technical matters with clients and Team Leaders
• Experience working on residential, commercial, municipal, mixed-use, multi-family, and industrial projects a plus
• Assist in coordination of survey crews, preparation of boundary and topographical surveys, control and construction staking, metes and bounds descriptions, and general survey support for engineering design projects.
• Other duties may include project research, field investigations, and project boundary calculations.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE Must have an Associate's degree in surveying or civil engineering. Ideal candidate will be professionally registered (PLS) or the ability to obtain such registration within twelve (12) months of employment. Must have 4 years of survey/field experience Must have advanced knowledge of office automation (MS Word/Excel/Outlook), AutoCAD Civil 3D, and engineering automation tools.
Compensation & Benefits:
• $20 to 25/HR or higher Dependent upon experience
• Benefit Package deal
Crawford Thomas Recruiting