Problem solving, exceeding customer expectations, follow through and commitment to excellence...these are the skills we are seeking. We are looking for dynamic, high achievers that are ready to learn and grow with our organization!
Performs activities involved in managing all department employees and complies with all safety, quality, and housekeeping standards. This position requires overall knowledge of equipment and plant processes. Coordinates production flow, identify/resolve issues, make improvements, and optimally achieve all safety, quality, and customer service objectives. Becomes proficient in all jobs and directly trains production employees within area(s) of responsibility. Will play an active role in cross training and seeking employee input for identifying production constraints, establishing achievable department goals and accept accountability for helping implement improvements necessary to meet them.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all employees and operations in the department.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Report any process and equipment problems.
- Trains, evaluates and reviews personnel.
- Organizes work for smooth operations.
- Ensure that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, safety and housekeeping of the area.
- Responsible for meeting production and quality standards in the department.
- Complete production reports.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Plans and adjusts production staffing and capacity to effectively meet production build plans. Develops and utilizes his/her own knowledge of products, processes, equipment, and quality standards to develop/update standard work procedures and cross train department production employees as required to improve overall quality and productivity.
- This position requires good overall knowledge of products, equipment and processes and procedures which must be maintained through demonstrated skill and ability to perform all jobs in the department product line area. • Must demonstrate good communication skills.
- Must possess skill in documenting, recording, and organizing data/information.
- Effectively work within teams, both as a leader and team member.
- Ability to work both independently and within teams to meet business needs.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of and practice Continuous Improvement and use Operational Excellence tools to meet manufacturing and business needs.
- Review production paperwork to verify customer orders are being produced correctly and are on schedule.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities and actively implements solutions to achieve desired operational goals and results.
- Monitors product quality standards and participates in quality audits to insure consistent and reliable quality is being produced and shipped daily
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helping production employees develop their skills, product quality, and productivity.
- Work with area employees and management to plan and conduct Continuous Improvement.
- Performs other specific duties as directed.
- Meets all company and operational key objectives and goals.
- Accuracy, quality, thoroughness and timeliness of work performed;
- Quality communications and development of good working relationships with others in the organization, including customer communication.
- Honesty and integrity in all communications; maintain integrity of confidential business information; remain current in the field and utilize that information where practical. Demonstrates professionalism, commitment to the job, and loyalty to the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Lean experience desired; training with practical application of lean tools.
- 2-3 years experience as a Production Supervisor desired.
- Ability to invent, manage and create.
- Must demonstrate excellent PC, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to use Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be a leader with the ability to motivate people.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work with detail, accuracy and timeliness. Must be able to perform multiple functions simultaneously and prioritize those functions to meet the needs of internal/external customers.
- This position requires good overall knowledge of products, equipment and processes and procedures which must be maintained through demonstrated skill and ability to perform all jobs in the department or product line area.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills. Must possess skill in documenting, recording, and organizing data/information.
- High School education; undergraduate degree preferred.
- Effectively work within teams, both as a leader and team member. Ability to work both independently and within teams to meet business needs.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of and practice Continuous Improvement and use cardinal software to achieve those goals.
The work environment is in manufacturing facility where frequent interruptions, distractions and moderate levels of noise occur. It requires wearing safety glasses (provided) and other required personal protective equipment.