Our client is a leader in the pharmaceutical space, and they are currently searching for a Pharmacy Technician for their Dothan, AL office.
Perform duties to prepare and dispense prescription medications and supplies under the direction of a Registered Pharmacist, in a fast-paced Specialty Pharmacy where attention to accuracy, regulatory compliance, and efficiency are critical to patient safety and care, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
- Perform job assignments in full compliance and complete understanding of the State and Federal laws and internal policies and procedures governing the handling, dispensing and distribution of controlled substances.
- Review and interpret physician medication orders to ensure appropriate therapies and enter prescription data to computer system to process new prescription orders and reassignments in preparation for Pharmacist verification.
- Select drugs from stock, count and package as required, and accurately label prescriptions for Pharmacist verification.
- Respond to inbound Pharmacy calls, demonstrating customer service excellence, and triage to appropriate clinician or department. Communicate with patients and team members with a focus on building and maintaining enduring business relationships to the benefit of the organization and its customers.
- Receive and stock inventory of medications in keeping with inventory storage organization system and regulatory and policy requirements. Contribute to periodic inventory process, counting, and recording drugs and supplies on hand.
- Assist warehouse team members with the packaging and shipping of medications and supplies as required, to maintain workflow and commitments to customers.
- Provide administrative Pharmacy support as assigned and assist in the training of new team members in the Pharmacy.
- Contact insurance companies or other payers to complete prior authorization requirements and identify co-pay structure.
- Provide information and respond to requests to assist to obtain co-pay cards or financial assistance for patients as applicable and indicated in information provided.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and additional specialized training as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Registered PhT in the jurisdiction covering the Pharmacy is required, Certification in addition is preferred.
- One or more years of experience in a Pharmacy environment.
Crawford Thomas Recruiting